VOLUNTEER AT ELOI
Published: 23 April 2018
We have many opportunities for volunteers. If you're interested or talented in a specific area mentioned below, we most likely can use you! ELOIM is proud to work amongst various faiths, cultures and backgrounds.
At ELOIM we strive to give our volunteers the big-picture about world poverty and development. When you volunteer with us, we ask that you get involved in all aspects of our programs. If you are volunteering with us, this means that you will be involved in the hands-on teaching and care-giving, as well as the administration and general management of the organization. In this way, we aim to give you a better understanding about issues concerning modern development, education and non-profit organizations.
There is need for volunteering placements in the following areas:
- Our orphanages
- Teachers in our community schools.
- Agriculture Development
- Training of trainers
- Legal Advocates
- Medical specialists
- IT Specialists
- Monitoring &Evaluation Specialists
- Teaching Sports
- To build character and welfare of the destitute children in and outside the education institutions. This also includes orphaned, street children and the disabled.
- Build the capacity and promote health service providers with skills on managing vulnerable groups within their communities.
- Carry out sensitization and awareness campaigns about the killer diseases like HIV/AIDs, malaria, Tuberculosis to mention but a few,
- To develop and harness individual talents and capabilities of members and community target groups.
- To set up and support education institutions which are based on or embrace the ideas of the Church, developing character on the foundation of the Christian gospel in developing character for a better Africa.
- To promote income generating activities and create employment.
- To initiate, promote and support the imparting of life skills including academics in children in and out of schools, developing individual talents for recreation, entertainment income generation and employment.
- Open up churches and conduct crusades and conferences in and outside Uganda to impart Christ like character for harmonious community relationships and personality transformation due to having a common mind set.
- To Initiate and build caring homes for the most vulnerable OVCs, youth and or old people, Advocate for the rights of vulnerable groups more so the rights of OVC.