Function Adult Literacy & Leadership
Published: 28 April 2018
ADULT NUMERACY AND LIFE SKILLS
In Uganda, education services and materials have never been equally distributed amongstschools, communitiesand regions. The country still grapples with crowded classrooms with learnerssitting on floors of make shift structures. Schools and educational institutions are often without sufficient learning materials and teachers.
Despite numerous efforts and interventions by the government and other organizations, there is simply not enough of everything available to realize the right to education for every child.
Worse still, most children and learners leave schools half literate and without skills of basic education like numeracy.
Thus, ELOI Ministriesseeks to provide an alternative in form of adult education to people who may have missed out on education or left school half literate. ELOI Ministries plans to make adult education available, accessible, affordable, attainable, and appropriate for such illiterate adults.
This project seeks to promote literacy and life skills among the adult illiterates
- To train people who are illiterate with life skills aimed at tackling issues such as health, environmental and violence
- To teach leadership skills to the illiterate people
- To promote gender equity and equality in the communities through advocacy
- Numeracy and life skills training
- Train people on income generating activities (IGA’s) such as craft and liquid soap making
- Carry out sensitization on health, violence and environmental issues
- Link the participants to leadership institutions
- Ability of the participants to read, write, and count
- Participants taking up leadership positions
- Gender equity and equality in all sectors/ areas
- Creation of income generating activities (IGA’s)
MONITORING AND EVALUATION
- ELOI ministries will carry out routine assessment tests, in form of exams and class work to the learners
- Carrying out continuous field visits to the learners’ class rooms.
- ELOI ministries will develop a comprehensive monitoring tool for this purpose
- Carry out interviews and focus group discussions.