Published: 30 April 2018
BACK GROUND ON BUWENGE HOSPITAL
ELOI MINISTRIES got into a partnership with Buwenge Hospital in 2013 with the main objective to rehabilitate the health facility and revamp the services for better.
Buwenge Hospital and Medical Centre is a rural based health Centre in Buwenge Town Council in Jinja District. Initially, it was in care of the Uganda Muslim Medical Bureau but now it’s Under ELOI MINISTRIES.
The institution is set up to provide quality health services: preventive, curative and health promotive such as counseling services with an aim of improving the quality of health in the community on behalf of the Jinja District Local Government and the Ministry Of Health. Mission & Objective statements of Buwenge Hospital.raining.
“To gradually develop into a Hospital that is well equipped and able to offer efficient and sustainable care in Jinja District and the whole nation".
- To improve on the quality of the life by offering accessible, adequate, safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable customer care
- General planning, implementation , monitoring and evaluation of health activities
- To facilitate and encourage health, workers skills and knowledge level
- To build, promote and maintain community linkage for improved net working with all stake holders in provision of quality health services.
- Provision of curative services-outpatient and inpatient
- CrusadesProvision of antenatal services normal and post Natal services including PMTCT (Prevention Of Mother To Child Transmission) service
- Provision of reproductive health and Family Planning services including Norplant insertion among others.
- Integrated home visiting and outreach services
- To plan for provision of quality health services and ensure quality implementation, monitor and evaluation on such services
- To give support to village health teams(VHT) to enable them give quality services
- Provide ART Clinic-Anti retroviral treatment clinic
- Provision of mental health services Minor and surgeries e.g. caesarean section and hernia
Services given at the Buwenge Hospital
FREE SERVICES OFFERED AT THE CENTRE
- Ante natal care/ post natal
- In-patient treatment (Children below 8years)
- TB Testing and treatment
- Outreach and home visiting
- HIV voluntary counseling and testing
- Health Education
- Psychosocial support and therapy
Challenges in the Buwenge Hospital
Maternal-Child health service gap
- Administrative and managerial challenges
- Insufficient Government support visa vie its mandate
- Limited funding to support hospital mandate