This Health camp of Buwenge will establish three tent camps each focus a specific area including; HIV/AIDs, malnutrition in children under the ages of 5 and maternal health for expectant mothers and newly born babies respectively.
We have organized this Health camp to provide health services and create an environment where the underprivileged community members will get sensitized about different health issues in the categories mentioned above. We believe hundreds of poor people in the areas of buwenge and the surrounding communities will greatly benefit from these health camps.
The camps will provide free tests for HIV/AIDS, Malnutrition in children, CT scans for Expecting Mothers as well as Provision of different medications to the people. We will also offer counseling & treatment by trained Doctors and Specialists. Free medicines will be given to the people. Vitamins and de-warming supplements are also distributed to the malnourished at the camp thanks to Vitamin angles.
Apart from providing basic treatment and general check-ups, these Health Camps will also help people to be aware of their health status. The camp will also play a significant role in creating awareness and provision of counseling on HIV/AIDS, T.B, breast cancer, and other life-threatening ailments. The camp will also create awareness of the need for personal hygiene in the prevention of serious disabling diseases such as eye and dental, which are prevalent in some slum areas due to dust and lack of adequate water for children.
Specifically, this health camp will seek to provide both preventive and curative treatment for common conditions in the community and refer those who require specialized treatment to the relevant hospitals that are often referred to by the BUWENGE HOSPITAL.
IMPORTANCE OF THIS HEALTH CAMP
- This Medical camp will be conducted by medical professionals to carry out a limited health intervention amongst the underprivileged people of the area. The poor who will attend this camp will get free check-ups and treatment.
- The people will also receive Health examinations and tests at the early stages of their illness which will help them cure them faster and save a life before it can cause any damage. As it is known that one can live longer and healthier only when he/she gets the right kind of health check-up, screening, and treatments. Even the most basic checkups can identify underlying illnesses.
- This health camp will provide the poor with overall physical examinations which include eyes and health check-ups, and assessment of the functioning of vital organs like the heart, lungs, digestive system, liver, kidneys, and immune system thanks to mScan Uganda. This will be totallyFree to help the poor people who earn a meager income and cannot afford expensive healthcare services offered by hospitals or clinics.
Other objectives are as stated below:
- Provide free and high-quality medical services for the poor people of BUWENGE.
- Working as an emergency team in disasters that would cause future illnesses.
- Raise health awareness among the community and teach them to deal with communicable and non-communicable illnesses
- Register rare and severe cases and refer them to specialized centers in this case BUWENGE hospital.
- Evaluate the living conditions and determine the obstacles and challenges to work on solving their problems.
- Refer medical cases towards surgeries if required.